Welcome to the Clinical Research Center (CRC)! We provide a research infrastructure for clinical investigators, and we focus on accelerating discoveries to improve better health for individuals through providing:
- Comprehensive services (ranging from providing advanced medical instruments to clinical science training)
- An optimal setting for controlled studies by translational and clinical investigators
- Bi-directional and multidisciplinary interactions among members of research teams involved in clinical and translational research
- Cost-effective, state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and instruments
- Environment and resources for developing skills of future clinician-scientists
- Resources for new technological and therapeutic approaches that can rapidly translate basic knowledge into better understanding, treatment and prevention of human diseases
Major funded areas of research conducted in the ITS-CRC include: protein and lipid metabolism in health, exercise , aging, bed rest, diabetes, andogen treatment, burns, trauma and peripheral vascular disease, metabolism of dietary fatty acids, soy diet effects on breast cancer risk, bone metabolism in women and in subjects experiencing prolonged bed rest, otitis media, porphyrias, cytochrome P450 genotypes, resistance to the HIV virus, diagnosis of material labor, gastrointestinal motility, hepatitis C and drug addiction.